Here are some points that I noted about why I prefer working with TypeScript.
- Refactoring becomes much faster and easier
- Make changes with more confidence
- Helps new team members dive quicker
- Serves as documentation and makes code more comprehensible
- Diminishes psychological overhead by showing the I/O of different code parts
- Faster development iteration by catching small mistakes, typos and bugs before running the app
- More predictable and robust code
- Better autocomplete and IDE support
Of course there are some downsides as in all things, but for me personally the pros outweigh the cons, especially in large code-bases with multiple team members.